Saturday 29 January 2011

Weekend in Sussex

As my brother is off to Australia for six weeks and I will have left for NZ by the time he gets back i thought i had better come and see him...as it will be the autumn before we see each other again.

arrived last night, having spent nearly 3 hours on the road for a journey that usually takes between 1 and 2 hours....if i didn't have to go over the dartford tunnel it would have been quicker....that is my excuse.
Actually it didn't take too long to get over the bridge even though it was Friday evening, the reason perhaps that it took longer than normal is because.....
muggins went wrong on the roadways......i have driven this route 100s of times but this time for some reason i missed a turning and ended up in Bewbush in Sussex and then had to negotiate my way back to the A24.

Having got to West Chiltington I missed the turning into John's road, well it was dark, and his road is an unmade lane...so i think i should be forgiven.

Saturday morning i went to Worthing library to try and get information about my old school which closed in 1966 - i think i left in 1964/5 so it didn't close because of me and my antics. Managed to get some paper cuttings and a picture of the school for my scrapbooking project then walked to Broadwater where I had parked the car. I was too mean to try and park and pay exorbitant parking fees it was blooming freezing Sussex anyway a 25 minute walk did me good, mind you it was blooming freezing.

Quiet night in tonight....they have been gallivanting out a lot and so a log fire, some wine and a nice meal......sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT