Thursday 20 January 2011

Amsterdam January 2011



last weekend i went to Amsterdam with my 13 year old grandson and 30 something year old son, Robert. It was WET, COLD AND WINDY but I suppose one can't expect much else in January. Who came up with the idea of going in January - oh me...silly me.


Yes this is a CLOG. a bit big for me but you could sit in it.
We had a good time though but the euros don't go far do they.







This was going to be a bonding weekend before I go away for a few months, (no not prison - how can you think that of me)...no I am going to visit my daughter in New Zealand, going from winter here to Autum there! again not the best planning. On the way I am going to stay in Los Angeles for a week with a cousin whom I have never met....hope he and his wife like me. Back to talking about Amsterdam.......


Ryan was rather interested in the red light district and the ladies in the windows! says he is going back when he is 16....however his mother didn't agree to that...I wonder why.


We did some cultural things like visit the Van Gogh museum...not sure that I like his pictures that much, one or two but i prefer Leonardo and Rembrandt. Not that I know much about art, but you do know what you like don't you.

They even had sign up with my name on it....





We also went to the Anne Frank House...very moving and I was close to tears, the vibes were still there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT