Wednesday 11 August 2010

back to blogging!



According to the records I haven't blogged since March 2010, where has the time gone?
During the last 5 months I have been to Iceland with Auntie Fairy - no, no Lesbos sandels, Suffolk again with Aunty Fairy to crop and enjoy the peace and quiet. No phone reception in the cottage (hence no iphones) and joined the Hiya Crop in Kent, where we all had a stupendous time with lots of fun and laughter, Claire crying because of my seed beads....anyone got a hoover.
On the 28th May I finally retired from the NHS after 21 years. I thought I would miss it but to be honest the following six weeks was so busy with me going here, there and everywhere that I didn't have time.

In June I went to Hereford to meet a long lost cousin no one knew existed - that was a very special time. In July I went to Sluis with the photo meet up group which was also a nice day but far too long on the coach just to get 3½hrs in Sluis.

July found me house sitting for my brother in SUSSEX, Aunty Fairy is sitting next to me and she doesn't know the difference between Suffolk and Sussex. Hence she has to have a SATNAV.
Whilst it was very pleasant it was so dam hot, I didn't cope very well nor did the dogs but we did manage to traipse through the woods in the early morning (well nearly early) and also up on the South Downs Way, absolutely wonderful, open space, countryside, hills, flowers and fresh air.
On the 19th July I went back to work for the NHS part time on a short term contract until the end of February 2011, guess i couldn't stay away!
One special day I went to Ypres and experienced the WW1 trenches/war graves and the Last Post at the Menen Gate. Very emotional however like an idiot i lost all the photos but thanks to Justine who gave me hers.

My next planned trip is on a cruise up/down the Nile - don't know if I am going up first then down or down and then up, all I know is whereever I start I finish. Watch out Luxor here I come.
Roll on 3rd March 2011 as I am off to see the family in New Zealand and not returning until the near end of June. On the way out I am visiting LA and meeting/staying with a cousin I found via Ancestry...exciting; hopefully discover some more information about the Chown side of my family. On the way back from NZ I plan to spend four days in San Francisco. I need to do some research but am not really very good at that, I have to admit I am a bit lazy when it comes to pre-researching places. I tend to get there and then decide what to do. I do know though I want a trip to Alcatraz. My previous trips have either been in the Spring/Summer so to go in the autum will be a new experience. Need to start saving.
Well I guess that brings me fairly well up to date....until the next blog ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT